eafshar

well i just assembled my new system
intel i7 920
gtx 280
6gb corsair domintor RAM 1600mhz
OCZ Summit SSD 60gb
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
850W corsair tx

Im using WIN 7 RC which i got from Microsoft website.

I haven't overclocked or attempted it. the system works fine and crashes only when I'm playing team fortress 2, it gives me BSOD' and crashes with Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal
and
BCP1: 0000000001000018
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF88005308B3D

im not sure what is causing this. i just assembled it earlier today. i have changed my driver to the new nvidia 3d driver for the 3d gaming glasses. im going to try to roll back to an older driver and see how dat works. i have attached the dump incase anyone can make sense of it. its happened 3 times so there is 3 in the zip file.

Thanks

Two errors are 0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
This memory management error is usually hardware related. And that is about all I could find for an explanantion. In both dumpt they cied a Windows OS driver and these drivers are usually too general to be of much help.

The other error is 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers or mismatched or faulty RAM. In your case it cited the Windows driver dxgmms1.sys and if you research it there is quite a bit on the net concerning this driver.

The thing that stood out in this dump was that this driver was blocking the Nvidia Display driver nvlddmkm.sys from loading.

im rolled back to 190.38 driver and removed all the 3d stuff stuff.. its been working fine since then. no crashes yet and dats for around 10-15hrs of gaming.

the 3d glasses r suppose to be "win7 ready" so i find it wierd dat it crashes so much.

during the installation they wanted me to uninstall the previous driver, and then install the 3d ones.. but i didn't delete the old driver, and just ran the installation. could that be the source for bad driver installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back