BSOD Windows 7 64-bit during gaming (WoW)... brand new $1500 comp

dayve0085

Hey guys,

Brand new here, but I've been reading forums for a while building my new rig. It is listed below in my signature (Running win 7 64 bit).

I have nothing overclocked, everything is stock. I blue screen during gaming. My cpu is staying cool (yes, I put paste on and its running normal temp), GPU is staying cool, and I've tried every driver I can think of. In fact, I've tried fresh install for the third time tonight.

I'm narrowing it down to 2 things:

1) Not enough power (but 67amps on 12v single rail I thought should be plenty?)
2) Issue with gtx 560 ti drivers

I was wondering if you guys could look at my .DMP that is attached & zipped. Help me!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a constant problem and I can't use my new baby! :(

Eh here are specs:

/ MSI p67a-gd65 (b3 version)
/ 8 GB OCZ 1333 DDR3 (4x2)
/ Vid Card: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti (By Sparkle)
/ Intel Core i5 - 2500k
/ Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus
/ Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1 128GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5"
/ Thermaltake Element G (With LEDs)
/ Corsair Gaming Series gs800 Power Supply
/ Win7 Home Premium

Attachments

• 032811-8221-01.zip
    28.4 KB · Views: 1
Your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

*** One other thing. The error code is 0x3B and these are usually caused by faulty video card drivers. However, memory corruption will cause a system to throw out all kinds of error codes and reasons, but when it comes right down to it the underlying cause is bad RAM.

So I checked the timings individually and they are both 9-9-9-20 and same speeds, same everything...

I tried booting with one, checking timing, booting with another, checking timing... they are both good.

After plugging both in there in dual-channel modes (DIMM slot 1 and DIMM slot 3 as according to my motherboard manual)... I check CPU-z and under the "memory" tab and under "channels" it does not say DUAL. In fact, it has never said DUAL now that I think of it.

Could that be causing the problem? The box for my RAM says it is dual channel configured... but is it possible that it isn't running in dual channel and this is causing the problem?

CPU-z screenshot attached

Attachments

• MemoryNotDualling.png
    MemoryNotDualling.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 2
Nevermind, used another tool and it says "dual channel"..... i guess cpu-z just isn't picking it up.

I'm going to run the ram test tomorrow... I had tried switching to my GTS 450 graphics card and still had a crash yesterday, just FYI. (Different type of crash, though, didn't save the minidump).

Ok, the ram on site reads it should be 9-9-9-20 and 1.5v from OCZ.

Motherboard reads 9-9-9-20 and 1.48v (No option for 1.5v)

I don't overclock ANYTHING (NOTHING, thought this was worth nothing).

So today i installed DRIVER SWEEPER today, followed the instructions on another techspot post and did a clean on my video card drivers. Today games were running fine for a few hours, then i hit ALT+TAB back to desktop and BOOM, blue screen.

For some reason, the dump file didn't go into my directory? But i wrote this down.... (system_service_exception, 0x0000003B, pointing to dxgmms1.sys)

And yet another one, and for some odd reason AGAIN no saved minidump file.

This one was just

BAD_POOL_HEADER

0x00000019

Didn't specify a file.

0x3B errors are usually caused by faullty video drivers.

0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER
A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the most common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers. RAM also can be a cause.

I swapped 8g ocz ram (2 sticks of 4gb 1333mhz) with 6gb offbrand from another computer at home... (3 sticks of 2gb 1066mhz).

I'm going to see if i still get a crash like this.

I swapped 8g ocz ram (2 sticks of 4gb 1333mhz) with 6gb offbrand from another computer at home... (3 sticks of 2gb 1066mhz).

I'm going to see if i still get a crash like this.

Simple yet good diagnostic move. If you are still getting issues with 6 gigs then try running with 4 gigs.

So far no crash with the 6gb 3x2 offbrand ram, i have been reading that MSI released a new BIOS for memory compatability (But unfortunately, only on win7 32bit... and i'm using win7 64bit)...

So what i'm thinking is that between my motherboard and my RAM there may be compatability issues.... Although the RAM tested good, i'm still going to take it back to the store and ask to swap. I'm thinking about picking up one of the MAJOR brands (corsair probably). Do you think i should tell them it's incompatible and need a different brand, or do you think they'll throw a fit about me returning RAM? I suppose i could tell them i never used it, since it was only in a few days and i have all the original packaging from last week when i bought it.

ocz was the one i bought for the new comp

i think like ramusum??? or something was the one i pulled off my lenovo to test with (the 6gb setup)... i'm at work now will check when i get home.

also saw nvidia released some new drivers for the 500 series... could help if i have driver gpu issues

Back