BSOD Windows 7, software or hardware?

So my PC has been BSOD a lot lately so through some guess work I figured it was a bad hard drive and replaced it. reinstalled windows 7 home premium and all my drivers/programs again.

then after a couple of days the BSODs are happening again. also my steam client seems to be crashing frequently also now.

I guess I should also mention these problems were not happening till I switched to my new chassis and processor fan. didn't notice any damage on any of the hardware though after checking three times.

System Hardware:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard
SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 4870 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (x4 sticks)
OCZ Technology 120 GB Vertex 2 Series SATA II (SSD) (x2 SSD Raided)
Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-D-B 850W

Operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Posted my latest BSOD as of now.

Hope you all can help. im pretty stumped right now whether it is a software or hardware problem and I really don't want to keep dropping cash on new parts just on a hunch again.

Edit: well I guess I cant upload the DMP file because it is to large.
Edit: Zipped and added

Attachments

• 060211-36769-01.zip
    24.2 KB · Views: 3
Please zip the latest 5 available minidumps in a single file and attach with your next post.

Also check your system's temperatures / ensure CPU fan is properly seated and working.

Hi again oven, I've taken a look at the two dumps you provided, but unfortunately both of them points at OS processes as the suspects. I think first thing we should look at must be RAM voltage/timings in BIOS. Please ensure that these are absolutely correct according to RAM's specs. Once you have ensured that see what happens, and update accordingly.

If you have mo dumps please do provide them for analysis. Regards

Ram Fix

I have same motherboard and had that same video card. I have found that upping the ram voltage to 1.7 or 1.75 works well. The ram itself can handle 2.0 volts. do not go past 1.8v. if you use AMD Overdrive you WILL get a red warning past 1.65 but hit apply and go to prefs and save as default the hit OK. Reboot AMD Overdrive will let you take the ram to 1.75 and no red. again apply , prefs save as default then hit OK.

Back