BSOD Windows XP 32-bit

Hey there. Ok so i was on a dodgy website or three yesterday and my windows get s the BSOD. It won't let me go into the main starting menu (even in safe mode the screen pops up) so i can't go into control panel or anything which would allow me to restore. Before the error code was 0x07E, but now it's changed to 0x0A, with the code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The only antivirus I have is malwarebytes, spybot, hitman and another spyware one. Anyone got a simple enough (or at least understandable) method to fix this. Any help appreciated =D

Those dodgy websites may have seriously infected you and thus there is absolutely no simple way to fix. Security software, as good as it may be, can be overridden by the internet habits of the owner and if it is an infection it has overridden your security measures. And Malwarebytes is an excellent product but it is not an antivirus.

Our very best suggestion to you is to go to our Vrus and Malware Removal forum, read the Updated 7 Steps sticky and if you can follow them do them in the order they are given. Do not skip a step.

Then when you are finished on that forum post your results in the manner directed. Broni and Bobbye are excellent in help and knowledge.

If you find you can't do the steps you can either a) slave your harddrive in another system and run scans, etc. or b) reformat the harddrive.

Those dodgy websites may have seriously infected you and thus there is absolutely no simple way to fix. Security software, as good as it may be, can be overridden by the internet habits of the owner and if it is an infection it has overridden your security measures. And Malwarebytes is an excellent product but it is not an antivirus.

Our very best suggestion to you is to go to our Vrus and Malware Removal forum, read the Updated 7 Steps sticky and if you can follow them do them in the order they are given. Do not skip a step.

Then when you are finished on that forum post your results in the manner directed. Broni and Bobbye are excellent in help and knowledge.

If you find you can't do the steps you can either a) slave your harddrive in another system and run scans, etc. or b) reformat the harddrive.

I've tried installing antivirus before (avast, AVG) but it never installed properly. Tried uninstalling norton, but that never worked so I assumed Norton was blocking the others from installing. I can't get on the internet in order to get those antivirus softwares listen in the sticky thread, for fear of (what I suspect is) a trojan stealing passwords, bank info, etc. and sending them through my internet. Nor can I download that GMER. Ugh. What should I do? I ran safe mode there and I got onto the main screen grand. Tried running malware and hitman, but it crashed and restarted. I really need help.

Avast is very good; avoid AVG. Norton is notorious of leaving remnant drivers even after it is uninstalled.

Avast is very good; avoid AVG. Norton is notorious of leaving remnant drivers even after it is uninstalled.

What does the latter one do? and is there a link on how to do it? Thanks =]

Before proceeding I want you to be aware that if you reformat you are wiping your harddrive clean. Everything on it will be gone. Do you have your Windows disk so that you can reinstall it?

Back