BSOD, Windows XP always reboots after updating McAfee antivirus

Hello,

[LEFT]I have an issue after my McAffee antivirus updated and asked me to reboot the system.[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]After that, every time my Windows XP starts, a BSOD appears in the logo and in an instant the system restarts the startup, leaving me in the select starting options page because Windows didn't started correctly, making a loop. If I select Start Windows normally or with the last good configuration, the loop repeats the same with the BSOD. If I select any of the safe modes, after loading the components it reboots trying to load the MPU file, making the same loop.[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]I tried to take a picture of the screen, and after putting it in a movie, I noted two features:[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]1) The message error is related to a message:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]page_fault_in_nonpaged_area[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]2) And in the bottom I realized that is a 0x0000000050 error involving mfehdisk.sys. All the technical features are ilegible cause of the speed of the reboot.[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Is there any way of fixing his without reinstalling Windows? Or, how I can make a back-up from the BIOS before I can do this? I repeat tht all started after updating my McAffee Antivirus Enterprise Edition[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Features of my PC:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- Windows XP standard OS with SP3[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- 1 GB RAM[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- A main hard disk of 80 GB partitioned in 2 drives of 40 GB each, and a slave with 20 GB[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- Geforce2600 video card with 128 MB ram.[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Hope anybody could help me.[/LEFT]

Some of the security freeware knocks spots off stuff you pay a lot for. MSE and Avast are as good as anything. Cut your losses with McAfee although of course it's hard to give up when you've subscription time left. My computers have had a new lease of life since I dumped Spyware Doctor in favour of MSE.

Good advise Bazz2004... People do kick and scream when they realize they have been duped into using Norton or McAfee

Back