BSOD WinXP sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone...

I have been using my computer for almost a year or so without any problems.. Then one evning when playing world of warcraft (wow) my computer starts giving me
BSOD (code: 9c). it is sure many years since I last expirienced a BSOD... :) anyway.

I started out with a memtest86. It ran for 10 hours without error. So I have kind of excluded the RAM as being the problem.

Strangely it only happened when playing wow, not when I was working around on my desktop working with openoffice, firefox etc.

I then removed some more hardware from my computer.. a creative soundblaster and wifi card. Disabled the onboard LAN card.

format c: and reinstalled XPsp2 + updates.

I started a loop of benchmarks tests in the game crysis, and it ran 6 hours without any bug.

I then thought "Yes, succes!" but no, I started wow up, and played for around an ½ houre and another BSOD :(

I have controlled the temp. via RivaTuner and Speedfan.

Idle:
CPU: 31C
GPU: ~60C

Furmark:
CPU: ~50C
GPU: ~88C (fan duty cycle @ 47)

2x CPU burn-in
CPU: ~54C

I can now recreate a BSOD within 1-2 hours with 2xCPU burin-in running. and it is not always a 9c error....

I dont have an onboard VGA card and dont have any other PCI-E grafix card.. so I cant really test wether it is the geforce or not..

I have att. some minidumps and a speedfan screenshot when idle and my dxDiag.

Is the Vcc1.5volt = 0.87V a misready from speedfan? or am I having some real PSU problems?

I am not sure what to do next.

I chould really need some input on this problem...

Ps. Sorry about my spelling... :)

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Your GPU @ 60C = 140F Is that what this card is designed for under load? How is your system air flow/cooling?

Have you done any overclocking?

Have you updated your vid card drivers?

Hi...

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Your GPU @ 60C = 140F Is that what this card is designed for under load? How is your system air flow/cooling?

Actually I dont know what the normal operation temp is... But if I take manuel control of the fan on the GF card, and set it to 100% duty cycle it pushes the GPU down to 45C = 113F while idleling... I'll try start 3D intensive test later this evning with the fan at max speed.

For CPU cooling I have a Zalman RESERATOR 1 Plus (Cant post links as it is only my 2. post on this forum) and I just tried reaplying some new terminal paste... but without any change... :(

Have you done any overclocking?
Nope. The water cooling is pure for noise reduction...

Have you updated your vid card drivers?

Yup...

and thanx for your time so far...

Edit: To my surprise I did not have the lastes geforce driver.... the autodetect on nvidia homepage found a nwer one than the one I have manully download.. (ok I have juuuust a little red ears :) ) I'll return with a post... wether it changes anything.. :)

I have now updated my geforce driver and the drivers for all the stuff on the motherboard... still BSOD...

I have tried to underclock the geforce while setting the GPU fan's duty cycle to 90%... and guess what... BSOD :( (have att. the minidump).

I am once again out of ideers... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back