BSOD with no message, what the

Stonerose92

Hey folks, my computer is suffering from random BSODs, roughly once or twice a day with no actual message being displayed, and I haven't changed or altered anything, no hardware changes, only an upgrade from vista 32 to windows 7 64 bit quite recently, with very little software being installed.

I do have a few error codes, if they're useful, from when windows rebooted:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF800028A983A
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

I'm very sure it's got something to do with Minecraft, the java-based game, though there's no actual indication, it seems to happen when I'm on Minecraft (though it's on most of the time my computer it on -addicted lol)... Hope you can help, thanks a lot.

Oh, almost forgot here is my latest BSOD dump file, enclosed in a zip file for all you wizards, thanks again.

Attachments

• 090811-28610-01.zip
    24.9 KB · Views: 8
Look in the Device Manager and tell us if you see any yellow exclamation points there

only thing appearing in a yellow exclamation point is a 'multimedia audio controller' which I know nothing about, perhaps it's referring to my UX1 audio interface? but that's already listed under fine under the 'Sound, video and game controllers', have the up-to-date drivers and haven't really been receiving any problems with it? Very strange..

it says

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

I've tried to search and update the driver, nothing, can't find any drivers..

You need to fix this... Try uninstalling the line with the yellow mark and restart. See if Windows 7 can install it automatically. I doubt if you computer/motherboard manufacturer has any Windows 7 drivers available, but you could try looking there

You need to fix this... Try uninstalling the line with the yellow mark and restart. See if Windows 7 can install it automatically. I doubt if you computer/motherboard manufacturer has any Windows 7 drivers available, but you could try looking there

Tried, nothing, the mark's still there and windows didn't try to install it automatically or even notifiy me that there was a driver missing.

Guys, as per the one minidump memory corruption is the cited cause of system crashes.

Yes, look up Memtest86 and read the instructions or replace the memory to test

I've done an extended windows memory diagnostic and it tells me that i've got no errors with RAM.. Also got a service exception BSOD recently, don't know if they're related.

What T said and for at least 7 Passes.

Ok, run memtest for a few hours, no errors detected... Also i'm running windows 7 64 bit and my computer only picks up that i've got 3.25gb available of RAM, when in actual fact i've got 4gb, maybe this problem is related?

"Also i'm running windows 7 64 bit and my computer only picks up that i've got 3.25gb available of RAM, when in actual fact i've got 4gb, maybe this problem is related?"...
Yes, using a 64- bit OS it should read all your memory. Is the memory all the same type and speed? Do you have 2 or 4 memory modules installed?

"Also i'm running windows 7 64 bit and my computer only picks up that i've got 3.25gb available of RAM, when in actual fact i've got 4gb, maybe this problem is related?"...
Yes, using a 64- bit OS it should read all your memory. Is the memory all the same type and speed? Do you have 2 or 4 memory modules installed?

I've got 2x2GB RAM, both the same types.

If the bios settings don't fix it, you will probably have to replace the memory or at least reinstall it by swapping module positions... Lastly, the memory might be the wrong type for the motherboard. Is it an ASUS motherboard?

Back