TechSpot

BSOD with Wi-Fi

By jw1981
Aug 25, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Ok so I have a pretty old Toshiba laptop running xp. it still works great and does what I need it to. I am getting an "IRQ not less than or equal" BSOD with the wifi. I know because when I switch off the on board wifi off the problem goes away. Normally I would stop there and say I have a bad wifi card, however the problem is location sensitive. In my bedroom I get the BSOD every time while in every other room of the house the wifi works flawlessly. And the problem isn't limited to my house, once I was in a hotel where I would get the BSOD every time in my room but worked fine in the lobby. It is really annoying and have no idea what could be the problem.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,981   +168

Is XP fully updated to Service Pack 3 in this old laptop?

3. jw1981

jw1981 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I always keep windows up to date

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,981   +168

... So is it up to Service Pack 3? It will tell you this in Control Panel, System. Go to Toshiba's support website and download the WiFi driver for your model laptop and try a re install of the driver

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.