TechSpot

BSOD won't let PC boot at all

By stonedoggy
Jul 8, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. been having this problem a while of crashes and bsod but now its permament which is to say everytime I start the pc I get it and I am unable to boot at all even in safemode,

the technical information part on the screen is ***stop: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005 , 0xFFFFF8000c0ABB74, 0xFFFFF88002947968, 0xFFFFF880029471C0)

the pc is windows 7 64 bit asrock p67 extreme 4 motherbored, intel i5 2500k processor 8gig coair vengence ram 60 gig oz agility 3 hdd and a 2 tb seagate baracuda second hdd

I think thats all I need isnt it ? many thanks

2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,855   +185

Have you tried going into system recovery and running a widows repair? Or using a Win 7 dvd for windows repair.. In order to help you . You will need to post your bsod.

3. stonedoggy

stonedoggy TS Rookie Topic Starter

how do I post a bsod? I when I try the disk nothing happens it just stops at the mb splash screen , normaly when I turn on the pc the windows error recovery comes up and asks if I want to launch start up repair or else load normaly and no matter what option I choose I get a bsod

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,058   +169

The 60 gig oz agility 3 is an SSD. Is it the boot drive? If so, it may have failed

5. stonedoggy

stonedoggy TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok update I know its been a while but ive not been around, I cant seem to do anything I tried removing the ssd and the same problem occurs when I try to load the windows cd onto a second harddrive, , also I was unable to use the ram checker it just briefly flashed to quick to see then disapears does this mean there is a problem with the ram?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.