TechSpot

BSOD x a lot, Windows 7, 64 bit

By Sophee
Jun 9, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, I get a BSOD after a few minutes of use. They take longer to happen after I haven't used the computer in a while, but once I get one, it will then happen again after a few seconds of use.

They came on randomly after no new software or hardware installations. Never had one in the past in over a years worth of use.

I thought it might be the psu so I bought a more powerful one and it's still happening. I blew out all the dust at that point. I've also ran memtest with no errors. I believe I have updated all of my drivers after the BSODs started happening, except for the BIOS.

I've attached 3 .dmp files.

Let me know if you want my system specs, I'm on my other computer at the moment. All I remember is I have an SSD.

Thanks for any help!

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

The SSD drive may be failing, if it is the boot drive...

3. Sophee

Sophee TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the input. It is the boot drive. What makes you think it's the SSD though? I just got done replacing the psu because somebody had a hunch ><

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Still get BSOD after replacing the power supply? The minidumps are pointing to a hard drive issue. The SSD is your boot drive