Bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzer11

My first post so here goes.

My laptop come up with a BSOD most days with error code:

Error code 1000000a, parameter1 00000166, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 804e5433.

It appears to crash more frequently when carrying out searches in Windows Explorer. (Not Internet Explorer)

So far I have:
- Installed ALL latest windows updates,
- Installed adaware, spybot, cwshredder and run full system scans.
- Ran a full system scan with AVG 8 antivirus.
- Disabled ALL Startup items.
- Ran Disk Cleanup

The system is:
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Compaq Evo N610c
Enclosure Type: Notebook
Processor 1.80 gigahertz Intel Mobile Pentium 4 - M
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Board: Compaq 07F4 KBC Version .
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Compaq 68P4F v2.49 F.0C 11/23/2002
FUJITSU MHS2030AT [Hard drive] (30.00 GB)
RAM 512 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM #1' has 256 MB
Slot 'DIMM #2' has 256 MB

Display
MOBILITY RADEON 7500 [Display adapter]
Seiko Epson 14.1 [Monitor] (14.1"vis)

Multimedia
Intel(r) 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Audio Controller

any help much appreciated.
Kind Regards

0xA errors can be caused by either hardware or driver issues. In your case both minidumps cited avgtdix.sys which is a driver for the AVG Network connection watcher - AVG Anti-Virus System.

Many people have issues with this driver and a lot of people are experiencing issues with AVG version 8.

Thanks very much for your help. That resolves my second problem as well 'cos I have the same thing on my main PC. Another problem I have been experiencing on my main PC is, after having it on for say 3 to 4 hours I am unable to browse at all, but can ping out? On reboot everything is OK again for a while, so that is probably related to AVG 8 as well? Also my grandson has AVG 8 and he couldn't browse the net at all but could ping out OK. I disabled AVG and problem disappeared, so assume his program must have got corrupted somehow?

I think I will email AVG and ask what they are doing about it.

Once again many thanks.

Regards

If you notice this driver is part of the AVG Network watcher. Since this issue is occuring on more than one PC and it both are having network surfing issues and AVG is what you have in common it certainly seems to be an AVG issue.

As I said previously, many people are experiencing issues with AVG 8. A shame, too, because the earlier versions of AVG were very good.

If you find you need to change your anti-virus I suggest Kaspersky, Advast, Anti-Vir, or NOD32. Advast and Anti-Vir have excellent free versions.

Let us know how or if you eventually resolved.

Have removed AVG 8 pro from 3 machines. What a difference! Have taken your advice and installed Avira (free edn). No more BSODs and PCs no longer hanging/freezing as before. Have sent minidumps to AVG. Will keep you posted on developments.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back