Bsod

musicfret

Hello everyone, I just encountered the bsod on 2 separate computers at the exact same time. The error code numbers were....as follows, 0x8054805e,0x00000002, 0x00000008, 0x000000d0. I did not catch the verbal explanation at the end of the screen. This was the first time this ever happened. Both computers are running xp pro. I built one of the computers, the other was a dell store bought. Nothing new was installed on either computer. The thing that confuses me the most is that both computers blue screened at the exact same time. Both computers are running fine at the time of this thread. I would be very interested in anyone's input and suggestions. Thanks.......

My Bad....Norton Internet Security....New Version. I've been running this version for nearly a year now...any help??

Problem would have to arise when both your computers did the same thing simultaneously, so I'm thinking AV suite, but more info will be needed.

Go to this page, and follow the instructions. We'll have to take a look at your minidumps to see more specifics. It won't hurt to run the memtest, but it would be very odd to have two sets of RAM on two different sets of computers go bad at the same time.

Were both computers in use, idle, etc, and did you do anything before the crashes (update virus definitions, windows update, etc.). It is possible that this was a one off event too.

gwailo247, They were both in use at the time. I'm sure that no updates of any type happened. I have not had time to run any tests yet. I agree that it would be very unusual for both computers to have bad RAM at the exact same time. If you think of anything else, let me know....thanks again.

Lets look at the minidumps when you are able to post them. I think that if we compare them on both computers we should find a common culprit.

Back