BSOD

Zack Thomas

Ive gotten the BSOD a multiple times now, so I factory reset my laptop, but it continues to do it. please help, I am fairly sure ive posted the dump files correctly..

Attachments

• 052213-39421-01.zip
    176.7 KB · Views: 1
Okay Zack, good job on the minidumps and this post. You have done a factory reset but you still get "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD's now. Since this is a laptop, I think the laptop may be over heating or the hard drive is failing. It is hard to tell which is right at this point

Well if it makes any difference, the laptop isn't even a year old yet, but I rarely unplug my laptop from the wall, I have it plugged in basically all the time, and a rarely turn my laptop off, I just put it into sleep mode. also there has been a few occasions where my power cord box gets very hot, but the laptop doesn't even get warm really. my laptop hasn't ever gotten hot, its barely even gotten warm before, and I have a cooling tray but I haven't used it much

Okay, test the hard drive by going to Computer and right-click on the C drive. Select Properties, Tools, check now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up, Yes you have to turn off the laptop and turn it back on... We'll do the memory next... Much of a laptop's electronics is still active even in Sleep Mode. Windows "likes" to be shut down once in a while

There is no boxes to be checked, just error checking with a button saying check, and defragmentation stuff

I just turned off my computer, after watching youtube videos, and when I turned it back on, it showed me the msg from the BSOD again already, heres the file im fairly sure.

Attachments

• 052713-42203-01.zip
    50.4 KB · Views: 3
Same DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

I just turned my computer on after having it off for awhile, and I got the BSOD message again, I am pretty sure I get it every time I restart or turn off m computer. Because most times I get it , its when I turn it back on, I never actually experience the crash itself, I just see the message afterwards. I think I've only actually witnessed it crash once, and that was before the factory reset

Hey I know it's been a little while, but I have found the command prompt you were previously taking about. I did the scan. anything else I could do?

Run a computer restore to return the laptop to a state like it was when you first took it out of the box, or take it in to have it looked at under warranty

Back