BSODs, freezes and black screens while playing games

BoomHeadShot

Hi I'm new to the forums and I've joined it for help on this. My computer is custom built and for that past 2 weeks it has been BSODING,Freezing with a sound loop, and black screens. My computer is fine with everything else and I really need some help to get my computer up and running again. If you have any help that would be great. Thanks.
P.S I may have to talk to you more tomorrow its getting late here. Thanks again.

Okay, post any minidumps by going to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the files and right-click, to send them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here. Give us some detailed specs of this troubled custom computer

I have a NVIDIA Geforce GT 430
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor
ASUS M4N68T-M Motherboard
2 8GB Ram sticks (cant find name)
Hopefully you can help :)

Oh and with the Minidump files its says can't find or no permission?

Absolutely YES! Run Windows Update manually. If the updates fail to install, restart the computer or shut down, start up and try again

Windows 7 is up to Service Pack 1 and it is pretty large in size. The .NET Framework updates take some time too. Be patient and take your time. Run Windows Update one more time after you see "no more updates found"... Any BSOD's are not good, and they may mean that there are incorrect bios settings or memory problems

Windows 7 is up to Service Pack 1 and it is pretty large in size. The .NET Framework updates take some time too. Be patient and take your time. Run Windows Update one more time after you see "no more updates found"... Any BSOD's are not good, and they may mean that there are incorrect bios settings or memory problems
Alright I updated now what?

Go into Control Panel, System. On the far left you will see Advanced System Settings. Start up and Recovery, Settings. Uncheck "time to display a list of operating systems" and lower the "time to display recovery options when needed" to 5 seconds. Uncheck "automatically restart" and set the minidump type to small (256kb). Get into "system protection" configure, and turn off system protection and delete all restore points. Then turn back on System protection and create a new restore point

Go into Control Panel, System. On the far left you will see Advanced System Settings. Start up and Recovery, Settings. Uncheck "time to display a list of operating systems" and lower the "time to display recovery options when needed" to 5 seconds. Uncheck "automatically restart" and set the minidump type to small (256kb). Get into "system protection" configure, and turn off system protection and delete all restore points. Then turn back on System protection and create a new restore point
Now what? Will the mini dumps be uncorrupted?

Your computer should be booting up a bit faster and yes, post any new BSOD's:)
Yes I have noticed that my computer has been booting up way faster. I'll try to see if I get a fresh BSOD playing a game.

Your computer should be booting up a bit faster and yes, post any new BSOD's:)
Okay I just got a BSOD but it says the same thing file not found or no permission, but I just noticed something next to the minidump file there is a little lock icon. I don't know what it means but maybe its the no permission thing?

Could that be the problem?

Back