BSOD's in Windows 7 Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

rps1789

One of the computers in my house has been blue screening the last few days. It has Windows 7 Premium on it. Before that it had Vista and then the Windows 7 RC Ultimate. When using the Win7 RC it was working fine. Then a few days ago it started blue screening so i decided just to reformat and reinstall Win7 Premium, but it still keeps on blue screening.

Its a basic computer that my family uses. All the other specs for the computer are stocked/OEM:

Dell Dimension C521
-AMD 64 Processor Dual Core Processor 3600+
-1.90 ghz
-1.gb of RAM
-32 bit OS

Here are some of the error codes:
- 0x000000C5 (0x46163083, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x82963067)
- 0x00000050 (0xB62AD3F8, 0x00000000, 0x82AE888, 0x000000002)
- 0x0000000A

I've attach the whole minidump folder to this post.

Three error codes and three different issues shown.

First, the Ativa Corporation wireless USB adapter driver ODWGU.sys was cited as the cause of your crashes. Updating your drivers might resolve this unless the NIC card itself is bad.

Then memory corruption is cited in the second minidump. This issue will cause all kinds of issues and it is one that should be taken seriously though it is one of the easiest ones to resolve. Run Metest on your RAM.

The third citeds the Windows OS driver mdxgmms1.sys as the problem. Usually OS drivers are too general to be of much help but this driver has caused a number of issues and from what I researched can be caused by bad memory or psu.

Run Memtest first.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

I ran the Memtest86+ early early this morning when i was notified of your post. This test took a really long time but it just finish a few minutes ago. The test didnt show up any results that indicated it to be bad memory in the RAM.

As for the Ativa Wirless, it is an external wifi USB stick. It has the latest driver which is for Windows Vista since there is none for Windows 7.

As i was turning off the computer it blue screened again with this error code:
"0x50 page_fault_in_nonpaged_area"
Its probably the same error in the minidump folder that i posted above.

Is there anything else i could do?

Thanks.

Here is the most recent minidumps...there from the last 2 days.

i also ran the memtest86+ again..no errors in the memory.

thanks

Two of three minidumps specifically cited memory corruption as the issue. How many Passes did you allow Memtest to run? The minimum is 7 Passes and the more the better.

the first time i ran it it was 7 passes. the second i ran it, it was 12 passes.

I'm pretty sure it is not a memory issue.
thanks

Check your BIOS voltage setting for your RAM and compare it to the RAM's manufacture specs. Is there a difference from what it is set at to what the parameters are to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back