BSODs Need Assistance

By Raidur
Oct 25, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello there and thanks in advance. I am getting an annoying bluescreen that I cannot seem to find the proper fixes for over google and need assistance! I was told before to try and remove norton completely (which I have) but only after these Blue Screens have happened. The first I believe they (my co-workers) said there was a random BS, and then 3 others happened during startup, all in a row. So they let the computer sit for about an hour and retried with a successful boot, which might point to overheating? I've done spybot/adaware/comodoAV scans with no help. The computer is burried in a cash register so I'd like to do a mem-test as a last resort (unless of course the blue screens point to that then I'll do it right away).

Thanks again!

PS: Minis attatched.

PSS: Will post any new minis that happen after I Completely removed Norton.

Attached Files:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,113   +23

Minidumps 1 & 3 point to Ntfs.sys driver which is part of the Windows OS.

See this link for more information:
    http://www.retosphere.de/tipsandtricks/ntfserror.php?menu_id=24&

Minidump 2 points to kbdhid.sys which belongs to Windows keyboard configuration file.

Minidump 4 points to cavasm.sys which is a driver for the Comodo firewall

I suggest:

1. Go to Comodo firewall forums and see what they suggest as a way to rectify your issue. Perhapsd this will take care of your other BSODs.

2. You may very well need to do a repair via your Windows disk.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.