TechSpot

BSODs often with different errors (Windows 7)

By PolycountEr
Dec 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. First time posting here, but that's beside the point. Basically I've been getting lots of BSODs recently, and I can't seem to figure out why. It usually happens when I'm stressing my CPU and RAM, sometimes the program or game I'm running simply freezes and I can use task manager to exit it. Other times I get BSODs. I've already done some cleaning on the inside of my computer, including ram. I believe the issue lies in either CPU, RAM, or motherboard. I've attached the minidumps for your analysis.

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,929   +167

Minidumps show general Windows instability. Are you over-clocking? If not start by checking your memory, then hard drive

3. PolycountEr

PolycountEr TS Rookie Topic Starter

I'll put my money on my CPU being at fault here, I was overclocking it a few months ago and one of the cores got fried, so I disabled it. That wasn't a long-term fix as I can see now, good news is I'm gonna get a new CPU later this month.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.