TechSpot

BSODs on W7, driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (netr70.sys)

By Gwydi0n
Jan 31, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi there, long time reader first time poster.

A while ago I started having problems with my computer.
    At certain times I get the following bluescreen:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x57B0000C, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x9022977F)

netr70.sys
    - Address 9022977F, base at 90202000, Datestamp 45923fd3

I have found 3 main reasons that trigger this BSOD:

- Playing any type of streaming audio/video (like listen to music/watch anime series/...)
    - Download more then 2 things at the same time
    - Startup WoW when it is NOT minimized. (when I minimize it while it is on the loading screen, it starts up)

It also happend on numerous other occasions, but these are the moments it crashes 90% of the time. It also only occurs when I am connected to the internet!!

When pressing the "find solution for problems" button after I reboot it says I have a problem with a Ralink Technology product and that I need to update the driver. So I updated the driver for my Raeltek RTL8168C(P) (I guess this is my onboard networkcard?) and rebooted.

This did not solve anything.

I then dusted of my pc, defragged everything, put my RAM in different slots, started up with only 1/2 of my RAM inside, ... none of this worked.

Finaly out of misery I decided "well f*ck it, I'll just format". After formatting it went well for a while, I was able to watch clips online and stuff untill it all of a sudden came back (after a day or 3).

Please help me!!
    My knowledge of computers is not great enough to fix this problem on my own!!

Below are my specs, a minidump file (will upload more later) and a HiJack this log.

Specs:

Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @2,5Ghz (not overclocked)
    Nvidea Geoforce GTX 260
    4GB RAM

!! I am connecting to the internet using an old Belkin Wireless G USB adapter: Belkin F5D7050 !!
    Normaly I connect with a Linksys Wireless-N PCI adapter model WMP300N, but the antenna on that one broke. I also had the problem while using that adapter

Attached Files:

2. Gwydi0n

Gwydi0n TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ah crap, should have been in Techsupport.

Can an admin move this over there? or should I make a new topic?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.