BSODs on Win 7, critical_object_termination (f4)

Hello everyone, this is my first time trying to deal with this problem, and I have gotten to the point where I need outside advice. I hope this is not too long winded, so here goes:

This is for my boyfriend's computer, which is custom built. He has had problems with freezes in the past due to his hard drive, we think. It's a Seagate Barracuda. It would randomly click and lag the system badly for a few days in a row, every few weeks or so. They have been getting worse and worse and now he is getting BSODs every 5-10 minutes randomly.

I had no idea how to find/read/analyze minidump files, so I did some reading, figured out where they are saved, and managed to download the debug tools and run them. I even managed to create a debuglog of the minidump. However, I have no idea how to read the debuglog.

I am attaching the debuglog file in the hopes that someone out there can help me. We really think it's his hard drive failing, but we want to be sure first.

I did run a system file verification, checked for viruses, and checked the disk for errors, all with no errors reported or viruses found. I looked where the csrss.exe file the debuglog names is saved, and it is only saved in the system32 folder, so I know he doesn't have any trojans.

Again, I really would like help with this. We are ready to replace the hard drive his OS is saved on with an older, more reliable one, but we want to be sure. Any help would be great!

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    20.2 KB · Views: 1
Back up everything NOW. Your harddrive is cited as the issue. Run a harddrive diagnostics especially the Long test.

Good to hear all is going well. It appears the old drive was indeed beginning to fail. Thanks for getting back to us.

Back