BSODs on Windows 7 and XP, dumps attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, after 2 years of having no problems at all with my computer couple of days ago on my computer (windows 7) I had a BSOD so it restarted itself with vertical white lines all over the boot up menu then back to normal after that page and would get stuck at a black screen after windows loading page.

So I thought it was the graphics card so I took it out and reset my CMOS and started the computer using my on board graphics card and the vertical lines were no longer showing which made me think it was the graphics card. I tried to install Windows 7 again which went fine till the windows loading page where it showed a black screen with a mouse cursor on it so I didnt know what to do.

I found an old Windows XP SP2 cd I had lying around and installed it just to see if it would work and installed it and loaded fine. I have been using windows xp for a couple of days till suddenly today I got a BSOD again and I wanted to find out what exactly the problem was before I could replace them.

Please help

Could someone have a look at my .dmp files to see if it says anything about what the problem could be coz I have no idea what it all means.

Also how would I go about testing my motherboard, harddrive, ram, processor any of these are faulty.

Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• Mini043010-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini043010-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
One error is 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers but can be caused by faulty or mismatched memory.

The second error is 0x8E are these are almost always caused by hardware though sometimes they can be caused by drivers.

Both cited the cause of your system crashes the Creative EMU10KX HAL driver and it actually blocking another Creative driver ctaud2k.sys from loading.

This comes from the internet and I am putting it here for information only and not as a suggestion: This file [driver] has been known to cause blue screen of death when using dual cpu's. It happens when both cpus access the driver at the same time.

I am guessing its a hardware fault but i dunno which one. I just cant understand why xp can run fine but when i install windows 7 i get a black screen when its been installed and as it says "windows loading" goes to black screen where only the mouse cursor is available but nothing happens when i click on it.

Its not because its not compatable coz i used windows 7 on the same computer with all the same hardware for at least 5 months.

Both cited the cause of your system crashes the Creative EMU10KX HAL driver and it actually blocking another Creative driver ctaud2k.sys from loading.
I have a creative audigy 4 soundcard i tried taking the sound card out then installing a fresh copy of windows 7 but still no luck gets stuck at a black screen after windows loading.

I dont really want to buy a new computer as i cannot afford to but if someone could find out for me what hardware problem could be i could buy that part. If any information is needed please let me know i will post here.

From what the minidumps are showing the issue is with Creative drivers. Creative has known driver issues.

I re-read your first post and what you describe in the first line sounds like what is called artifacting and the cause of this is either drivers, heat, i.e. the fan is not working on your video card or the video card itself is dying.

Reinstall your sound card with the latest updated drivers for Windows 7.

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

* You don't need to even consider getting a whole new computer.

Yes i can get into Windows 7 from Safe mode, its just when i go into normal mode i get stuck with black screen.
Also i have tried with taking my Video card out including the sound card (creative audigy 4) plugged the monitor into my onboard graphics card and installed Windows 7 onto the computer i get the same problem i have tried taking all ram out and trying 1 ram at a time still the same problem. I wouldnt think it would be the power supply or the harddrive because its working fine with windows xp just getting BSOD every so often but then again it could be. Hmm i have no idea what to try next.

As you have said boot into safe mode could i get anything from there that could help me?

Edit : Oh btw i have about 5 fans on that computer including the CPU fan should i try unplugging 1 at a time coz they seem to be working fine. If you are talking about the fan on the video card i have taken it out as when the video card (Nvidia 9800 GTS) i get vertical lines at boot up since i got my first BSOD couple of days ago

To be able to boot into Safe Mode is a very strong indicator that drivers are involved.

When you uninstalled your video card did you remember to enable your onboard video in the BIOS?

yes after i uninstalled my video card i reset the BIOS using the CMOS jumpers so i am guessing that should have done it.
Even if it was drivers involved i wouldnt see it doing that when its a fresh copy of windows on a formatted HDD. I might try another HDD tomorrow and see if that would help. Also i can try another power supply to see if that eliminates the problem to narrow down my search to find the culprit.

EDIT: Well i cannot install windows 7 anymore, i have tired everything i can think of. Took everything to bits changed my HDD, changed my Power supply and tried to install windows 7 again but no success. The only thing i havent tested are my motherboard and processor. Anyhow at the moment i have rebuilt my computer again but not using my graphics card coz it seems like its on its last legs so i am using onboard graphics and have installed Windows Vista so far so good its working fine am updating my windows and installing my essential program's and hopefully everything will run fine. If i get another BSOD i will post my .dmp files again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back