BSODs while playing high end games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

The PC I'm on is self-built and has a history of semi-regular blue screening. A few months back I replaced the RAM modules and motherboard and that seemed to stabilise the system for a long time.

Recently I bought GTA 4 and Red Alert 3, and while playing either of these games, I get BSODs. I have recently updated my graphics drivers and the problem has really only worsened since.

I am seriously considering buying a new graphics card to get round the problem, but thought I'd post on here as a last resort beforehand in case you have any better ideas.

The specs are as follows:

MB: GA-P35-DS3P
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair DDR2 PC2-6400
Graphics: NVIDIA 8800GTS 320MB
Processor: Intel E6600

2 Minidumps are attached. I've had a look at them, but don't have the experience to diagnose any kind of problem. I Googled for similar ones, and the best I can come up with is that it is a Graphics related problem, but I don't know if it's driver related (and if so, how to fix it) or hardware related. Or if it really even is a graphics problem.

Any help is, as always, appreciated.

I'm having BSODs occur when the Fallout 3 loader pops up.
Tried to uninstall/reinstall the game, no luck. The bugcheck is 0x1000008e (0xc0000006, 0xad436b3a, 0xa997e7e8, 0x00000000).

I am attaching a dump with this posting.

I have run a full memtest with memtest86+ with 6 passes on my 4 gb of ram. I also have been able to play Team Fortress 2 and Red Alert 3 with no issues. I am wanting to assume its a graphical driver conflict.Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back