TechSpot

BT given two weeks to block Newzbin2 website

By Leeky
Oct 27, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. UK ISP British Telecom (BT) has received 14 days to block access to the members-only usenet-aggregating site Newzbin2 after a high court judge ruled that BT knew the site was…

Read the whole story

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,571   +103

Well technically they aren't just an ISP.

Shocking they allowed this if they did have knowledge about it though.

3. This legal ruling will be childs' play to defeat. There are many, MANY free proxies.

4. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,378   +98

Aye, and I can't stand pretty much all arms of the company either, and enlist the services of Virgin Media instead. :haha:

Though for all in intents and purposes it was the ISP-aspect of the BT group under the spotlight in this article.

EDIT: Though I don't think BT is any more guilty than any other British ISP is of not really caring what content we view, or download as torrents. I guess for now as a country we are much luckier than the USA.

I can see this ruling affecting change in our country now though as it does for the first time draw a line others can follow.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.