Bt keyboard & HTC Desire

zag1402

Hi I got a bt keyboard for my cool htc desire hd for xmas trouble peering it can someone help dont think the key is right it is saying 0000 or 1234 ??????

Attachments

• IMAG0028.jpg
    IMAG0028.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 4
i think they meant to say "pairing" their Bluetooth device :)

@zag142

I assume then your phone is detecting the device and prompting you for the code to pair the phone with the keyboard? The manual for the keyboard should tell you the pairing code. Do you have the manual? if need be, you can problaby find it online as well

sorry yes it was a bit of a scramble for a solution/answer that day
yes the device is a bluetooth key board when i try to pair it up to my htc desire hd
as you know is android os it tells me paired but not conected

yes i do have instructions for the phone and on disc for the keyboard
the point is when i enable the phone and keyboard it tells me on the phone try 0000 or 1234
i did say previously it tells me paired but not conected ??

i did say previously it tells me paired but not conected ??

Then the devices are already "paired" (and whatever code you entered worked)

When you turn on the Bt keyboard the phone should detect it and connect
> Try the keyboard very close to the phone
> Make sure the Bluetooth on/off option on HTC phone settings is still checked.

I have an HTC Hero and i can uncheck (turn off) Bt but my devices will still show paired and unconnected. And of course with Bt turned off they just won't connect

mmmm ok thanks for the input i will give that a go when i get the time and report back

although i did hear htc's are setup in such a way that 3rd party non htc products such as my keyboard wont work - is this true????

although i did hear htc's are setup in such a way that 3rd party non htc products such as my keyboard wont work - is this true????
Not true.

I connect both a Motorola earpiece plus a GE-21518 bt adapter (the GE connects my home landline to my HTC phone when i'm around the house)

Which reminds me of one more thing.. On occasion i'll turn on the GE bt device and it doesn't connect to my HTC. I need to power off then power up my HTC phone and then it connects again.

(I guess, when in doubt.. Restart! LOL )

Back