TechSpot

BT sues Google over six key Android patent infringements

By Leeky
Dec 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. This year has been without a doubt the year of lawsuits, with many high profile companies battling it out in courtrooms throughout the world over intellectual property and patent disputes.…

Read the whole story

2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Let's hope Google countersues over BT's blocking of websites.

3. Det

Det TS Rookie Posts: 84

" A spokesperson for Google responded with a statement saying, "we believe these claims are without merit, and we will defend vigorously against them." "

I love Google but how is that anything new?

4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,505   +311

Google, I really hope you destroy them in court. Possibly the worst customer service I've ever had is with BT and the worst internet connection i've ever had was with BT and the highest bills i've ever had were from BT, they just simply suck, not to mention they have recently started blocking websites on their network, they really can go and do one...

On Another note, with the amount of Patent lawsuits and licensing deals that are being created due to Andriod, is it really a free OS?

5. bt sucks. BIG TIME.

6. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

I read BT as BitTorrent

7. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Maniac Posts: 546

while they do block that 1 website (Yea its just 1 website I believe) and they traffic shape torrents, at least there finally upgrading the Broadband infrastructure around the UK. im typing from a 1meg Bt line right now, it sucks, but there the only ISP I can get (Other than the Post office dial up), I think ill stick with 1 meg BT thanks.

I hope they win so they can invest the money into improve broadband in not just towns and city but rural areas too. Yea the rural areas will be the last to get Fibre, but sooner they get the towns and city done, sooner they can move on to the little villages and houses in the middle of nowhere.

8. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,505   +311

Well you say that but I live in Hazlemere, near High Wycombe which itself is very close to london and i still can't get fibre. My friend has Fibre and it seems to go down alot :( I assume its just because they are still growing the network but its still a pain. Although If BT were to go at least that would be a kick up the butt for the other 50+ ISP's to finally get out there and put some cables down :)

9. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TS Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

Geez, I get better broadband from a legislated monopoly in Mexico than you guys do in Britain. Strange and mysterious, the workings of corporations. Especially corporations that substitute lawfare for service and innovation.

10. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,056   +76

@burty
    I think they lured them in to thinking that its a 'freebie', however, with passage of time as almost all major smartphone makers (with android) are now paying money to patent holders, it isn't. Funny thing is it is Google which got them in to this by being a thief, and yet Google isn't paying anything at all ;)

11. I'm with Google vs Patent Trolls.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.