Budget gaming computer, any good?

saram96

Hi guys thanks for looking specs for my new pc below just wanted a second, third and fourth opinion.

Processor: I5 750
Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D
Cooler: Corsair H50
Ram: 4GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz (2X2GB)
Gcard: XFX ATI RADEON 5770
Psu: OCZ 750W Fatal1ty Psu
HDD: 1TB Samsung F3

it comes to £530-ish all parts from ebuyer but processor from pc world.

so would this be ok or any serious improvements needed

thats a closed loop water cooling shouldn't be a problem.
get the Coolermaster GX 750W PSU to save some cash and use it to upgrade your video card

I would go with the i5 760, which as far as I am aware is the replacement of the i5 750, and boasts a slightly higher clock speed. Its also cheaper.

The motherboard doesn't help matters in my opinion, as it only leaves you with multiple AMD GPUs as a viable option.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to go with a 1GB GTX460 and the Coolermaster GX750 PSU, using the savings plus a few more pennies to get the GPU - but you can only use one, and that rules out adding another later.

If your budget can be increased by £50-60 I would be more tempted to order this motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 ATX at £150.42

Least you have both Crossfire and SLI support on that motherboard. Its the one I'd go for, as prefer Gigabyte to others. 750w is enough to power 2x GTX460's, without any concerns with overpowering the PSU.

I'd say the watercooling is a bit extreme, you could tone that down and save a few pennies.
then Tone down the PSU for the CoolerMaster one then use those saved Pennies for a GTX460 and then push the budget a tiny bit for the better motherboard mentioned by Leeky.

The Graphics card seems a bit week for the price.

Back