Budget Gaming PC Config...!Need more recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz E4500-(2MB L2 cache 800MHz)
  • Intel DG965RYCK Intel® G965 Express Chip 1066 FSB
  • Transcend DDR2 2GB (1GB x 2) 800Mhz
  • Western Digital Sata 2 320 GB (7200.10 RPM)
  • XFX 8600GT 512MB DDR3
  • Samsung LCD 19 '' 920 NW
  • Lite - On 20X With Light Scribe
  • Logitech Wired Keyboard + Mouse Set
  • Cabinate With 500W SMPS
  • Any 600VA UPS

i'll have the speakers so don't bother about that exept from that

Need more recomendations within this range.

any modifcations in this config....

Only things that's I'd say really is that I would get a slightly more powerful PSU. (I'm guessing by SMPS you mean switching mode power supply or something similar?) It would be worth getting a 550W PSU (power supply unit) in my opinion, because there's no such thing as having too much power as the PSU only supplies what the PC needs.

Also, i've heard that Light Scribe is overrated as it takes a long time to burn the picture and it only does black and white. I think the discs are quite expensive too.

The 8600GT is an ok card but get a higher model if you can afford it. You might even consider a high 7 series model unless you're going to be running Vista, e.g. the 7900GS or 7950GT if you can find one.

If you get some Arctic Silver thermal paste then you could probably OC the CPU on the stock heatsink if you wanted to and understood enough about OC'ing. Let me know if you are interested in this.

i would like to suggest giving links and a budget...you wrote that this is a budget build but gave no indication what that budget is. an idea of how much you're willing or are forced to spend will help us get a better idea of what parts are an option at this point.

and it would also help if you gave links so that we could perhaps tinker with the build and see if any money could be shifted from one area towards the graphics chip or psu without affecting overall quality or performance.

link590o said:
i would like to suggest giving links and a budget...you wrote that this is a budget build but gave no indication what that budget is. an idea of how much you're willing or are forced to spend will help us get a better idea of what parts are an option at this point.

and it would also help if you gave links so that we could perhaps tinker with the build and see if any money could be shifted from one area towards the graphics chip or psu without affecting overall quality or performance.

Actually i am going to gift this PC to my little brother, he would do some school work & play some games, GPU i included so that he can play some games Like NFS, FIFA, Roller Coster Tycoon..etc

i think that this config.. is good in this kind of budget, u would recomend me something with in this budget..

You still haven't said what the actual budget is, if you have one.

In that case (your brother's intended usage), you needn't buy such an expensive graphics card. an nVidia 7900GS or ATI X1950 will run most new games pretty well and are a lot cheaper.

I can't really help you with modifying the system to keep to the budget that the current build comes to because I don't know what country you're in or what website you want to use.

Recommended websites: US UK. Whether you want to use these or not is up to you but they're both good sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back