Budget gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, first of all, im new :p so here by id like to say hi ^^ Anyway the reason why i decided to post here is because i have a question about a system im putting together.
Its a budget gaming system, well budget... the graphcards costed me some :p anyway these are the specs:

Motherboard: MSI 790GX-G65
Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.10 GHz, 3600 MHz, 2x 512kB , 6 MB, Boxed
Graphic card: Foxconn GeForce 8800 GT
RAM: Adata 2GB DDR3

Well... that are the specifications. What do you all think, is this a pretty good gaming system, so i can play for example crysis on high or call of duty modern warfare 2 and such?

Regards,

Erwin

From what I can tell you should be able to run Crysis on high. Im running a system with similar specs than that and have maxed out the graphics on Cyrsis and still ran at a very playable frame rate.
Im running:

Intel E8400 (3.0Ghz) OCC to 3.6ghz
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R
OCZ DDR2 2 gig Dual channel kit
EVGA 9800GT 512MB - OCC a bit

But even with nothing OCC was able to run Crysis with no troubles.

Thats my 2 cents :p.

As for how good those brands/parts are I have no clue.

what you left out is what resolution are you wanting to play at?

The specs you have there are very similar to the ' crysis machine' specs that they were building in 07 when tyhe game came out and it was for play at 1280 x 1024 at medium settings. you may find it playable on high settings, but it will dip into single digit frame rates frequently. most other games will be very playable with your proposed setup with a few exceptions like stalker. CODMW2 is a DX9 game and does very well on machines like the one you are considering.

thanks for reply all ^^ so all with all its a pretty good system? i ordered the parts and now waiting for it then let the building commense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back