Bugcheck error 0x1000008e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,
I have encountered the same issue just Today: Yesterday I've experienced a noticeable momentary mains power interruption. My PC was running at the time (WinXP SP3) but I was not attending at the momemnt. Later on I went back to my desk, and to my surprise, my PC was off and wouldn't respond to power up attempts. By pure chance, I decided to remove the power cord from the mains' socket, then inserted it again, and as a result the PC could be powered up. However, it took some four BSODs before it managed to somehow stabilize itself. Can anyone tell me what should I do in order to verify that the cause was indeed the power cutoff, is there any permanent damage to hardware and how to fix it so it won't repeat itself?

Much obliged and many thanks to whoever cares to help.

Cheers,
SophtWare

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back