TechSpot

Building a HD Media PC

By peteriskandar09
Jan 14, 2009
  1. Ok i am going to be build a Pc that will be used for HD movies and other functions related to Media oriented processes.

My budget is 1000-2000

I am willing to buy online since i am located in Toronto Canada so I have a lot of soucres to obtained componets

I dont neeed any peripherals just the main parts such as attractive case (HTPC) w/ display, quiet, bluray drive, CPU, MoBo, GPU (gaming isnt needed) PSU

The Brand of componet doesnt effect me i do prefer intel and nividia but amd products and ati are also welcomed

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Good luck with the build... Good motherboard, plenty of memory, good video card and a fast multi-core processor

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

4. peteriskandar09

peteriskandar09 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 22

Thanks rage on the links i liked the GPU and the processor/mobo but the case is not really in my best interest i am looking for a HTPC one that lays flat i have found several on different websites but i am looking for any1 ones feedback on one

nvm about the sound i figured it out

5. Rage_3K_Moiz

This is an excellent HTPC case with good cooling and acoustic characteristics.

6. peteriskandar09

7. xerras

xerras TS Rookie

HTPC desktop case

Check these out;
    iMicro/Super Talent also available all black about 60..............400 w PSU
    EVO about 120................500 w PSU

8. Rage_3K_Moiz

The Thermaltake will probably be louder because of the extra fans in it. But either will do fine.

9. peteriskandar09

10. xerras

xerras TS Rookie

These cases are much less expensive than the cases you are looking for.
    I believe you are building a high end system.
    I always look for the substantial but inexpensive functional cases.
    AthenatechUSA.com for exact specs. Click Cases then click the last entry HTPC, for the EVO.
    Purchase at Newegg.com, You can also find it on line with out a PSU.
    I think the one that comes with the EVO has the cables exiting the PSU chassis on the wrong side.....making it difficult for cable management.

11. xerras

xerras TS Rookie

HTPC desktop case

One more interesting fact. The EVO and the IMicro have identical dimensional specs.
    And also the same IDENTICAL chassis, except for the front panel. The EVO is aluminum and the iMicro is plastic. I am using the iMicro with stock PSU, the 2 rear fans and AMD Athlon 64 3000+ w/retail cooler.

Right now temps
    CPU 37/c
    System 38/c
    HDD 35/c

12. peteriskandar09

Does any1 have any more suggestions on Mobos?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.