Building a new computer

I have purchased the parts for a new computer. Items i have purchased are:
P6X58D-E MOBO, Intel i7 cpu, Nvidia GTX 470 Video card, Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card,850w PSU and 6g corsair memory. I have not purchased a case and acd-rom dvd burner as yet. I need suggestions for those items. My present computer is a Dell XPS 720 that will be given to a friend that is in need. Any help would be thankful.

Otto73

What is your budget for these items?

Considering that you've bought reasonably high end parts, I'd suggest you get Cooler Master HAF 932 casing.

For DVD-RW, they all seems to be roughly same in quality, in last few years I've gone through an HP, Pioneer, and LG drives ...... only LG still functions normally the rest died (I replaced recently dead HP with an Samsung) .... I hope someone can offer some more insight in to this though.

As per Archean's comments, a DVD RW drive seems to be a personal taste thing. They're all pretty good in fairness, personally I've always used Sony DVDRW's, and I've not had a single one fail on me yet. No doubt others will be just a reliable though.

I agree with Archean on the case too, though I'm rather disgusted at the price you can get it for. I want the very same case, but over here in the UK its £116.99 inc VAT, meaning its costing me 182.809 USD when converted over. Ouchies!!!! :(

Thanks for the reply's. My costs so far are under $1500.00. The case suggested is a full tower. The Dell I have is also a full tower, however, to large as it takes up all of the area on my desk and I have no where to put it except on the desk. I am looking at either a "ULTRA m998 mid tower for $139.99 or a Thermaltake VH8000BWS Armor mid tower. I am also going to install both a DVD righter and a cd-rom as that is what i have now and using Roxio I can copy disks directly. However, I will keep my options open.

I think Thermaltake VH8000BWS Armor nice (although a bit flashy), anyway, goodluck with your assembling of your new PC :)

just built another rig myself a few weeks ago. Rosewill makes some decent cheap cases. Check 'em out on newegg.

Back