TechSpot

Building a new computer!

By akevilj
Jun 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. * What are you going to use the PC for? mostly for gaming but also would like to run all latest adobe products with no problem
    * How much is your budget? around 700 - 800 euro
    * Where are you located? (a.k.a. fill out your profile) Croatia
    * Are you willing to buy online? no
    * Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build? no
    * Do you need other peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, among others? no
    * Have you already bought any parts? no
    * Do you have an Operating System (OS)? yes
    * Will you need any aftermarket cooling, such as a CPU\GPU cooler or a watercooling setup? I would like to buy all coolers now so i dont have to bother about it later, but yes ofcourse if there will be a need for aftermarket colling I will do it

Hello everyone ! This is my first time building my own computer !

I already have an idea how would my computer look like and i will post prices in my country 'cuz I wont buy online so here it is:

Motherboard: MB ASRock 890GX EXTREME3, AM3, ATX, AMD 890GX+SB850, HD4290, PS2, DVI, VGA, HDMI, FW, spdif - 110 euro ( I rly dont know much about Motherboards and I have no idea if this is a good choice, i heard this MOBO is very good for x6 CPUs - maybe you have better sollution for same/cheaper price...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, Socket AM3, 3.2GHz - 170 euro (should I save some money on CPU and buy cheaper ?)

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6950 1GB DDR5 800M, HDMI, DVIx2, DPx2, PciEx, Exefinity, DX.11, HDMI 1.4a, DP1.2 - 220 euro ( i heard this is one of best graphics for this price... is it ? ) (or mby i should buy a cheaper CPU (some quad core or idk) and buy better GPU ? )

Power Supply: Seasonic SS-620GB, 620 W, 120 mm, Active PFC - 80 euro (i think this should be enough for this CPU, right ?)

Memory: Kingmax RAM 4GB, DDR3, (2x2GB), 1333MHz - 30 euro

Hard drive: 1000.0 GB SAMSUNG SpinPoint F3, SATA, 32MB cache, 7200 RPM - 60 euro ( or maybe take 500 GB and save 20 euro ?)

CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223L, DVD±RW, serial ATA, dual layer, lightscribe - 25 euro ( i guess it should do its job )

Case: have no idea... would like to spend around 50 euro on it, more or less... and I'd like a cool looking case with LED light if there is a good and not expensive one out there...

Cooling: no idea what CPU cooler should i take ? should I buy a case cooler too ? 50-70 euro will be enough for good cooling i guess, am I right ? (... good temperature and air flow is very important to me 'and i dont have much experience nor knowlege in that area and thats why i need you to help me choose it... anyway i dont want my GPU/CPU to damage after several years of use )

These components are not my final decision... they are just here to give a a closer look on what i want and I would like your advice if they are good choice and do i need to change anything...

with this setup i am slightly over my budget but I dont know where should i save some money... do you know :) ?

Thank you for reading this ! all help is greatly appreciated !

2. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,380   +127

I don't know what power supplies are available to you, but you can go a little cheaper on the power supply.
    I don't think you would need any additional cooling aside from the stock CPU fan.
    If possible, the Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB is a quicker hard drive.

3. akevilj

akevilj TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

i changed my thread a little bit but i still dont know what case+cooling should i take ... ?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.