Building a New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

andoyan

Hello All,
I am looking to build a new P.C. can you help me with recommending a mother board either for Amd or Intel. I would be greatly appreciated, I like to watch a lot of movies on my PC as well as doing a lot of graphics, such as editing my home movies. I hope that helps with your recommendation
Thank you again.
Jon

Hi andoyan,
do you have a budget in mind? and what level of performance do you require? ..welcome to Techspot BTW :)

yes, a fixed budget would be very helpful to us in recommending parts, specifically for suggesting a CPU and motherboard...

i would recommend at least a 2.0Ghz dual core processor for watching/editing movies and creating graphics. you're also gonna want at least 2GB RAM and a mainstream video card, nothing too special unless you want to play some of the latest games.

Thank you for your reply, You are right I need to establish a budget, I like to keep the budget between $300-$500. that is without the monitor, I have some nice monitors at home that I can use.
thanks again for your help
Jon

andoyan, in your original post you asked for a suggestion on a motherboard, is the 300-500 just for the motherboard? i suspect not, but what is that budget to include?

I am sorry about this I guess I wasn't thinking . I like the budget to be for a motherboard, processor,memory ram and graphic card. the rest of the hard wear like hard drive and DVD player I can take from my old computer.
Thank you very much for your help.
Jon

Klepto's build looks good, but I would recommend this PSU as a much better choice compared to that OCZ PSU. I'd also recommend going with the Phenom II X2 550 instead of the Kuma CPU if possible. Also, if you like rebates, this RAM is a great choice. Lastly, the NZXT Beta is a great inexpensive case that can be had for $50 shipped on Newegg. It also comes with a rebate I believe.

PC power and cooling's quality is right up there with Seasonics and a few other brands, the question is. "How is it not a lot better."

That particular OCZ PSU is a Sirtec unit, so the PC Power & Cooling unit is better than it by leaps and bounds.

SIrtec's build quality was never that good to begin with, and they have a habit of using questionable quality caps in their units (not even Teapo, which is common in budget PSUs, but unknown "Chinese back-room special" brands).

well how come ocz has gotten so many rewards for excellence and stuff if there PSU are crap i didnt know that thanks for the info.

Not all of them are bad. The FSP Epsilon-based GameXStreams and StealthXStreams are excellent units, provided you keep the +12V load to less than 80%, since beyond that they start to show out-of-spec ripple.

Also, their CWT and Topower-made, as well as high-wattage Impervio-based units are fantastic and on par with any other PSUs in their price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back