building a pc (14 yrs old)

By tedrjr03
Oct 16, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i was wondering if u think a 14 yr old could build a new pc
  2. pkroks

pkroks Newcomer, in training Posts: 376

he could, i know a guy who just turned 15 yesterday, he knows more than I do about computers and I can build a computer. (i am 18)

If they are a computer boff and enjoy messing around with computers and stuff then yes but I wouldn't advise it...I would say no.. thats my opinion
  3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

yes. Although I was cutting grass, shoveling shoveling snow, and spending all my quarters in the arcade at that age!
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Yes, sure you can build a system at 14.

It isn`t that hard really.

Just take your time, and I`m sure it`ll be just fine. Maybe get someone who`s already built a few systems to give you a hand.

Take a look at How to build a pc.

Hope this helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  5. mfquarles

mfquarles Newcomer, in training

Perhaps you would like to try "Building a PC for Beginners". It's a book I wrote. Also I have a websitewww.monkeyseemonkeydobooks.com
    that has free info from the book. Wish you the best.
  6. Comrade.Fish

Comrade.Fish Newcomer, in training

Yes, it is definitely possible to build a PC at 14
    This must be true as i have done it and the PC works (did i mention that my arm was in a sling at the time)...... This was about a month or 2 ago and i'm 14 at the moment.
    Just dont go out and buy any old compatible components, spend a LOT of time doing research...boring i know, but i did it.
    The hardest thing about doing it at our age is budget (i'm not as rich as i'd like to be.... but then again, who is?), you can get a decent(ish) PC for about £350, if (you overclock it a lot...) you don't need to run Doom3 at full reseloution and so on, but it would be running linux... (if you need windows get win98SE cheap)

Anyway - Good luck
  7. PC_Nerd

PC_Nerd Newcomer, in training Posts: 95

this thread is old!
  8. pkroks

pkroks Newcomer, in training Posts: 376

umm, this thread is like 2 months old (almost)
  9. PC_Nerd

PC_Nerd Newcomer, in training Posts: 95

well, dont i feel like an *****?
  10. osram

osram Newcomer, in training Posts: 90

man this is so confusing. with all those ages 'n stuff...

at first i thought '14' was referring to the computer itself.

a mate of mine started messing with computers at the age of 8. o.X

he is 27 yrs old now...
  11. acexzy

acexzy Newcomer, in training

heck yes a 14 year old can build one on the count of i am 14 now and built the computer i am posting this on at the age of 13 =) i had miminal help from an uncle of mine and i did the rest. newegg was a large part of it. and google for the info searches.

12. Sickem

Sickem Newcomer, in training Posts: 37

oh

yeah you could im only 15 ive built 3 and repaired too many to count
    heres a hint resources help thats why its good to have friends and the tech spot forums
  13. futaris

futaris Newcomer, in training

Yep. Build a PC. I did it when I was around that age, with a 386DX40. As long as you take anti-static precautions, there's little that will go wrong, and manuals and the internet will make it EASY as nowadays.
  14. AKirru

AKirru Newcomer, in training Posts: 53

Dude trust me you can !! .. I built my first PC at like 12 (19 now) and I had no help from anyone. Just keep the manuals close by and you'll be fine and gl
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.