Building a PC, need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

soboy123

Hi I am building my own pc and found some good cheap parts at newegg.com and would like to know if any parts would be incompatible with others, I checked my self, but as this is my first time building my own pc i'm not exactly 100% sure, so I would greatly appreciate if someone helped me out.
Computer case
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Hard drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
PSU
Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 plus
Mother board
MSI 785GT-E63 AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

Should I install Windows 7 x64 or x32?
I have my own 4 sticks of ram 2gb ddr2 each, amd athlon 64 duel core X2 4600+, and an ATI radeon HD 4670
I am also looking for a low budget pc as these parts are only $395.9

You want the 64-bit 7 because a) you'll utilize the full 4 gigs of RAM and b) it is the future and a good bit of it is happening right now.

Question: Can that motherboard utilize DDR3 memory?

You want the 64-bit 7 because a) you'll utilize the full 4 gigs of RAM and b) it is the future and a good bit of it is happening right now.

Question: Can that motherboard utilize DDR3 memory?

Alright I will go with 64 bit and I changed the motherboard again.
Turns out I have ddr2 ram not ddr3. I just checked.

Also Does it matter what type of cpu socket type there is? AM3/AM2+/AM2
I have an AMD athlon 64 x 2, the mother board supports the cpu and ddr2 memory.
I have 2 cpus and am wondering if they will go with the motherboard.

Also Does it matter what type of cpu socket type there is? AM3/AM2+/AM2

Yes, it does. The socket type determines which CPUs are supported. Many chipsets can use more than one type of CPU.

I have 2 cpus and am wondering if they will go with the motherboard.

Which CPUs do you have? Can you give us the exact specs?

Yes, it does. The socket type determines which CPUs are supported. Many chipsets can use more than one type of CPU.

Which CPUs do you have? Can you give us the exact specs?

Ok nvm I found out my socket type is AM2, and I got an amd athlon X2 duel core 4600+ processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back