TechSpot

Building first PC

By Flash19
Dec 16, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but anyway - I'm going to be building a new PC soon (my first) when I go back to uni, so I want to know if anybody knows of either a good modern book or an in-depth guide around the web. I've shortlisted most of the components I want and will be checking around various sources for opinions before I buy, so now all I need is a good guide. Like I said, the most important thing is that it's modern; I haven't seen any dedicated books written post-2005 and they all seem dated now. I'm going to be using it for work obviously but also for games like Call Of Duty, World In Conflict and a few others awaiting release.

So yeah any recommendations welcome - or if somebody else has asked this recently a link would be great.

Cheers :wave:

2. FairCold

FairCold TS Rookie

why dont you listed all the component that you want first, then only people can give their opinion.

3. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

look into x58 mobos if you want to spend too much money for what you want. A midranged intel cpu will do everything you need. You should get plenty of help here.

4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

There are tons of such threads on TS, just use the search function. Also, check out TechSpot's recently updated system build guides. There are also excellent build guides on The Tech Report and FiringSquad.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.