Building gaming rig (second list)

Blkm0nk3y92

Hey, I plan on building a gaming rig starting about June, and id like to get any Advice you guys have on what ive got so far. Thanks. :)

•Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) Intel P67 ATX DDR3 1333 Motherboards (Reliable and good quality)

•Processor: Intel Core i5 Processor i5-2500K 3.3GHz 6MB LGA1155 CPU BOX80623I52500K(Dont care for i7 so much, getting unlocked version of course)

•Hard Drive: Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.5 inch Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive HD103SJ(Good quality, plenty of memory.)

•Disk Drive: Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98 - Retail (Black)(Simple, cheap, dont need anything more really, I have a PS3 to handle any blu-ray needs, and I only need 1 disk drive. Nothing special.)

•Case: Cooler-Master Haf X: Ultimate Full Size Gaming Chassis(A little pricey, but plenty of space so no issues with and that and great for air circulation.)

•Graphics: CROSSFIRING 2 XFX ATI Radeon HD6870 1 GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2x Mini DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card HD687AZNFC(Should be no problems or complaints here, only using 1 monitor, not 2 just so you know, 23 inch to be exact, but I dont want any FPS problems or anything and ill feel safer doing this, can anyone tell me if ill need a normal length or a longer HIS CrossFire Bridge Interconnect Cable?

•Software: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium(Duh, wasnt sure if this mattered, figured id throw it in here anyways.)

•RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit for Intel Core i3, i5, i7 and AMD Platforms SDRAM CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9(Ive come to the conclusion that I wont need more than 8gb, so this should do great, right?)

•PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with Intel Core i7 and Core i5(Last but obviously not least this, 750 watt should do great, no reason it shouldnt. Corsair is good so I picked this. On top of the good reviews)

THANKS for reading! Tell me what you think, anything is appreciated. :D

OH, and I was wondering, I planned on rocking a decent surround sound system and all, should I get a sound card or anything? Or Just stick with what the mother board gives me?

Looks good. Excellent power supply. The motherboard is a good overclocker. Keep in mind that running dual cards will run at 8:8 and not 16. In order to get PCI-e 16 you can have only one card installed.

As for sound I say just try onboard first but if you want really good sound cards look especially at HT Omega's offerings. Also, seriously look into Asus' Xonar series as well.

I think you have a very nice system there.

Looks good. Excellent power supply. The motherboard is a good overclocker. Keep in mind that running dual cards will run at 8:8 and not 16. In order to get PCI-e 16 you can have only one card installed.

As for sound I say just try onboard first but if you want really good sound cards look especially at HT Omega's offerings. Also, seriously look into Asus' Xonar series as well.

Ok, well I decided to just ditch the Crossfire for now and ill just run 1 but possibly switing to crossfire in the future, I dont really need 2.
And I plan on using something like
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Surr...TF8&coliid=I13OT9EHLWAEGA&colid=3I1GJY97DA8KF

So I thought I might grab,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102024&Tpk=Creative SB0880

Oh I also wanted some peoples opinions on getting the ultimate size gaming case, I know I dont need it, but do you think I should just stick with it or would it be fine to get the mid size one?

The Cooler Master HAF series is one of the best. You may want to look into the HAF-922. Though it is designated mid-size it is spacious. I speak from experience.

The Cooler Master HAF series is one of the best. You may want to look into the HAF-922. Though it is designated mid-size it is spacious. I speak from experience.

Alright, I might just go ahead with the 922 then. I was looking at other HAF cases and was wondering if the numbers meant anything (932,922,912) Things like that, bigger, better, or something like that, can you explain those number and why their named with those numbers? If you get what im asking?

Looks good.
You didn't include a link to the XFX 6870, but the Asus direct CU version is nearly the same price on newegg.

Alright, I might just go ahead with the 922 then. I was looking at other HAF cases and was wondering if the numbers meant anything (932,922,912) Things like that, bigger, better, or something like that, can you explain those number and why their named with those numbers? If you get what im asking?

The 932 is a Full Tower case and I mean FULL. There is tons of space and if you want to add additional drives there is plenty of room. The 922 is the mid-tower version and as I said it, too, is spacious. I know nothing of the 912.

IMO the 932 would be overkill.

Looks good.
You didn't include a link to the XFX 6870, but the Asus direct CU version is nearly the same price on newegg.

Sorry ive changed a few things, as ive decided to go with just 1 HD6970.
And as well go with the HAF 922 case since it seems like itll do.

Back