TechSpot

Building Media Center PC & Harmony 880 Compatibility

By sehana
Apr 29, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm going to build a Media Center PC and I bought the Logitech Harmony 880 Universal Remote [ http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/devices/372&cl=us,en ].

What is the best HDTV TV Tuner card to use?

I was told that I need to get a TV tuner card that comes with a remote and IR (infrared) receiver so that the Harmony 880 is able to control the functions for the Media Center PC.

Could someone please suggest a good HDTV tuner card that you've used or know of.

Thank You

Forgot to add that I'm building it with Vista 64Bit Home Premium because I was told that I can also use vista instead of XP Media Center.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,845   +165

Stay away from Vista 64 bit. Go with Vista 32 bit. Your intended use of this system doesn't require a 64 bit OS, and 32 bit will eliminate the headaches of finding 64 bit drivers. As for a HDTV card, don't be afraid to spend money. You know what you need, so go with it
  3. sehana

sehana TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 33

cool thanks for the advice :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.