Building New PC, Gaming, Need Some Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Sorry in advance i wasnt sure where to put this)
Hey,
I decided recently that i wanted to shed the old PC and build an entirly new one, i havnt fully built a PC before but i have worked on my present one. Anyway i have about £1200 to spend, i play a lot of games, but i also work regularly on photoshop, audition, and video editing software.

I already have a fair idea of how computers work (due to reading up) and what i want in the new one, but i wanted some opinions first and after reading a few threads here i think you guys are just the people to ask.
Anyway heres what i intend 2 buy

Aspire Xplorer Black/Blue Neon Mid Tower Gaming Case
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 (yay, nay? 4400? 3800?)
Asus A8N SLI Deluxe MB
2 GB DDR Kingston
GainWard Bliss Geforce 7800GT 512MB
Hiper 580W type-R modular PSU
Western Digital WD3000JD Caviar SE 300GB 7200RPM SATA/150 8MB Cache
LG GSA-4167BRL 16X Dual Layer Dual Format DVD ± RW Writer

o and im buying an ACER 19" widescreen TFT too

but umm hey, yeah like i said im kinda newish, so your comments and critisims would be very helpful! (Though i plan to order tomorow :p)

thanks a lot
kind regards

WS

Looks good to me.
You don't list an OS though, hope you remembered to include that in your price.

yep im using XP Home...just cos its what im used too....but ive decided i want to reduce my budget! To save some money, so i am changing the GPU from a 7800 to a 6800

Id still like quite a quick CPU so im going with the dual core 3800 instead of the 4200 which is a little more money saved

thanks for the reply

if you are going to be using your new PC for games and photo/video editing then you should invest in Windows XP Media Center Edition(Ebay?) and be sure to include a big enough HD for photo/video storage as these things take up ALOT of space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back