Need a gaming PC

Hi, i just signed to this forum and im not sure if this is the right place for this topic.

Anyway, its time i throw away my rubbish hp computer which gave me nothing but hell for 6 yrs. I managed to find this pc at my local repair shop which is custom build and knew.

Here are some details- Price $550. w/mouse&keyboard no monitor.

Dell vostro 230mt Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz

-1066FSB 3M Cache
-2gb DDR3 1333MHz DUal Channel
-250GB SATA 7200RPM
-Onboard Intel X4500 HD Video
-Mini Tower Case
-16x DVD-ROM
-Onboard 5.1 sound
-USB Keyboard/Mouse
-MS Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
-1 yr at home parts& labor warranty
-Roxio Creator MS Office 2010 Starter
-Adobe Acrobat Reader
-PC-Cillan internet security 15-month

I hope this is enough info on the pc. Do you think its a low-minimum-high gaming pc? and reliable?
Im hoping this will last me 4 and up yrs.

Games I'll be playing

-Counter strike cz
-TDU 2
-Left 4 dead
-Current Flight Simulators

BTW, i already have a 8400GT, is that better than the onboard x4500HD?

Also, if you think im better off building a pc (which ppl may recommend) than
is it a possibility to find a pre-made custom pc for under $500? Im ok with installing a few components, but ounce i hit the DVD-burner etc, i get confused.

Thnx 4 reading

Hi and welcome this is where you want to post.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu14.html

post again or wait for someone to move this post there for you

Here are my thoughts but you should wait for an expert opinion. your vid card is probably your weakest link, but you will be able to play any game at least at low settings, most games at mid to high settings. also 4 gigs of ram would be better for windows 7, though you have 32 bit so it might not matter as much. As for building your own it usually give you the best bang for your buck, other people on here are up to date on all the latest bang for your buck parts, but I am not one of them :). Someone will give you some suggestions. When I built my pc I got probably 25% more out of it then I would have from any prebuilt machine.

btw a dvd burner is like 20-30$ for one that will burn a 10 gig movie in about 10 min, so yeah they are really cheap

Back