Building PC and need help using Dell case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newb here.

I have a Standard ATX Gigabyte Motherboard. And I would like to buy a Dell XPS 410 case only. Does anyone know if my motherboard will fit this case? I found different answer searching online, some say yes, others no.

Any help would be great! Thanks.

I would say "NO" too... why buy a Dell case? If you plan to buy a standard ATX motherboard you will have to go mid tower or full sized generic ATX tower. What's wrong with a micro ATX motherboard?

It's not just fitting the motherboard into the case that is the issue. Unless this Dell is different from most Dells, you will have to solve the problem of hooking up the proprietary front panel connectors to the non-Dell motherboard.

Yes mailpup,
and the I/O panel might not line up either. Those Dells are very proprietary indeed

I would say "NO" too... why buy a Dell case? If you plan to buy a standard ATX motherboard you will have to go mid tower or full sized generic ATX tower. What's wrong with a micro ATX motherboard?
Can a micro atx motherboard and case have enough room in it to hold 2 hard drives, 2 dvd roms and a e-geForce 8800 GT PCI-e vdio card and at least 4 gigs of Ram. I am not very familiar with micro atx cases or boards.

thanks!

You should go with a mid-tower case IMO. They're available in a wide range of prices and you could pick the one you like the best. They'll also support all your hardware as well as give you room for more, if you need it. Lastly, almost all mid-tower cases will support micro ATX and full ATX boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back