Building PC with i7 4790k and GTX 970

Hello, I was thinking of getting a new PC for this generation and I really want one with the i7 4790k and the GTX 970. From what I have read they seem to be fine to run through this generation. I know a thing or two about computers but I am no expert. I would really like to get suggestions from other people on what to build with these two components.

Thanks

These two parts will go well together as long as the many other parts you didn't mention mesh well. The 4790k is the best of the consumer level procs available and the 970 would arguably be that for gpus as well. Once you go beyond these two you're entering into the enthusiast area in my opinion.

Some of the important components you didn't mention are the motherboard, the powersupply, and the heatsink/fan. What do you have planned for those?

These two parts will go well together as long as the many other parts you didn't mention mesh well. The 4790k is the best of the consumer level procs available and the 970 would arguably be that for gpus as well. Once you go beyond these two you're entering into the enthusiast area in my opinion.

Some of the important components you didn't mention are the motherboard, the powersupply, and the heatsink/fan. What do you have planned for those?

I was thinking about the Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 as the motherboard, 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator Beast DDR3 2x4GB for RAM, Corsair CX750M 750W and Corsair H100i as the CPU cooler.

Also excellent parts - that should make for a fine gaming and/or content creation PC.

Back