Built computer, no power to mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built a new computer with an Asus M4A89GTD Pro mobo/Phenom II x6 cpu. Power supply is corsair 750w. 4gb corsair 1600mhz ddr3 memory. Now the problem is, I can't get the light on my mobo to turn on. It's not my power supply so I am thinking the mobo isn't working. I had the 24-pin and 4 pin connected... also switched to 8 pin and still didn't work. Any suggestions? All help appreciated.

It's not my power supply so I am thinking the mobo isn't working.

How exactly did you arrive at this conclusion? Also are all the connectors are properly/correctly 'seated' in the sockets as well?

Ensure that the motherboard stand-offs are in place. Is it possible for you test a known working PSU on this system?

Well, the way I know it's not the PSU is from using a working PSU on it too.

I unplugged everything except for the cpu fan, ram and both psu cables. Kind of hard to seat those improperly since they snap in... Yet, the light still won't come on.

Ah, and if you have taken into consideration observation of Ritwik, then it got to be something with motherboard, I think it would be prudent to get a replacement motherboard. Regards

Ahhh that may be the problem. I thought it could be that it's not grounded correctly. I didn't use the stand offs since the tower i'm using is weird... I'll fix that asap and let you guys know if that changes anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back