Bulldozer architecture detailed

By red1776
Jul 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Mizzou

Mizzou TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 930

Yep, right here buddy. Everything I see on the net right now makes it sound like September before we'll get our hands on this baby.
  2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Topic Starter Posts: 5,887   +85

What took you so long? hehe

Sounds like August might be viable, but get the salt out :)
    This apparently is the revamped lineup ( note the 8150P and link to it) this is the one I have my $400 waiting on. anyway, for what it's worth;

http://wccftech.com/amd-details-bul...ock-speedtdp-turbo-frequencies-chart-release/
  3. Mizzou

Mizzou TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 930

That's a good read, interesting to see the design philosophy that has gone into this processor. If the latest information I've seen on the FX-8150 running a 3.6GHz base clock with turbo up to 4.2GHz is correct it should definitely have some pop.

I'll most likely wait until the processor is released and get all the major components at the same time. Have a friend that's interested in buying the motherboard, processor, memory and cooler of the rig in my specs that will help offset the cost of the upgrade.

Hoping this thing will run pretty much head to head with my 965EE Nehalem, won't know for sure until I see what kind of overclocking Bulldozer is really capable of.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.