Burner issue

By cenafan01
Jul 9, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i am using a dell e520 with maximum dvd burning. recently i have noticed that when i burn a movie onto dvd at maximum burn using nero 7 it burns successfully but when i try to watch the film it does not work it seems the dvd doesnt work on any items i try it on (pc,dvd,ps2) i have used the dvds before with no problem it has just started happening.

i am using memorex 16x dvd-r's
  2. fastco

fastco Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,511

Only movies? What about a data dvd, does that work? Clean the lens on the dvd burner with alcohol on a q-tip and try burning at a slower speed.
  3. Snidely647

Snidely647 Newcomer, in training

NEVER burn ANYTHING at "maximum" speeds unless you have a beast of a computer system and even then you should always close all open programs, burn the disc at half your burner's "max" speed, and do a data verify.

Also, Nero is not the best software to use when converting video files to DVD, I suggest using VSO ConvertXtoDVD.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.