Burning gauge icon?

By MoonGoddess
Jul 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, I'm not even sure this is a real issue- But definitely need someone else to help me. I turn my monitor off before bed at night. Last night was no different. This morning I turned it on and at first it said no DVI signal, but after about a minute it came on. Now there is an icon I don't recognize. It looks like gage (or clock?) that is on fire. The icon is monochromatic, and has a box around it. It's superimposed, and unclickable. The computer does not have internet access and I've already ran anti-spyware that came back clean. It's an Asus Desktop, running windows 7. Any help would be much appreciated!!
  2. mike1959

mike1959 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,022   +51

I have a program on my pc which is an extra layer of 'anti-virus/anti-trojan', which is called 'Threatfire'. It's icon in the taskbar is a small round gauge with some flames showing out of the top. But it's orange. Same as you have?
  3. MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you so much!! It's not the same program, but I didn't even think to check existing programs. I assumed bc I'd never seen the icon it was a virus...turns out it was a program I have on there called Turbo Key (it overclocks the computer). You saved me from a huge headache, thank you again!!!
  4. mike1959

mike1959 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,022   +51

Not 'Threatfire' then, but something you know of. I get a reminder icon from a Seagate external hard drive, every month, 'cos I won't register it. It always surprises me, as I don't see it every day.......