Buying a new desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wibtr

Had this one for more than 5 years. I want to get something better obviously. I dont want to spend much more than a grand. I would like it to be a decent system that can play medium-spec games, and that sort of thing.
Any suggestions on a setup or where to buy? Thanks.

In what part of the World are you located? For $1000 you can get just about any desktop. Just pay attention to processor speed, graphics capability and memory amount. Get at least 1GB of memory and stay away from Vista right now

I dont think I can build my own.. The most Ive ever done is replace a video card. I heard it isnt that hard, but still..

I totaly second building your own. Trust me it really is not that hard. And with a grand to spend you can get some pretty good stuff and avoid vista. If you are going to buy one you won't be able to stay away from the accursed vista, as far as I know every pre built is going to have it.

Some people just don't have the interest or basic skills to build their own systems. Besides hardware, there are software and driver issues to be delt with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back