Buying a new PC. Any advice on build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to build a PC.
It will mostly be for gaming.
My budget is 1,000 to 1,300 dollars.
I am located in Ohio.
I am willing to buy online.
Will be using no parts from previous build.
I don't need any peripherals.
I haven't bought any parts yet.

I have a rough build but its hastily put together. I can't post links due to restrictions. I do a lot of downloading and playing games that require a lot out of a computer. Mostly i could use advice on all components.

1. Tower. Something very spacious and open with room for plenty of cooling and upgrades.
2. Power Supply. Enough power to get me through another video card upgrade or two.
3. Motherboard/Processor. Quad or I7 preferably. (any thoughts on after market heat sinks/fan?)
4. Memory. A decent amount that is compatible with the MB etc.
5. Video card. ATI or Nvidia that can handle graphic intensive games.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and advice.

The case is totally wicked. I had the 900 version in my wishlist before seeing that. Very good choices on the motherboard and video card when you compare their specs/price to competitors. The ram you picked out was the same as i had. Hopefully i can kick up a few more suggestions. I have to do some research on water cooling also(see if a novice should every try). I'm interested in a after market heat sink maybe for the I7 after seeing some newegg comments. Havent built a PC since P2 days so i got my work cut out for me researching.

Great choices supersmash.

@desekoro, you can also go with the Corsair 650TX instead of the Antec PSU to save some cash. Also, the GA-EX58-UD3R is a cheaper alternative to the GA-EX58-UD4P. The latest BIOS update also enables SLI for both boards, so either is not a bad choice, with the UD3R being $50 cheaper. I would, however, recommend the WD7501AALS or the WD6400AAKS over that Seagate drive.

As for a cooler, go with either the Xigmatek HDT-S1283, or the Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme. You will need an LGA 1366 bolt-thru kit for both, which are available for $10 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back