Buying guide Enthusiast's PC hard drive question

batteryacid100

In the build it has you buying two hard drives one of them being a Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB and the other a Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB.

I am not so great with hardware so is the point to this to install everything including your OS onto the 750GB drive and then install what ever game your currently playing Like Crysis 2 onto the 64GB drive so it runs faster?

That's one option, often installing the OS onto the SSD can result in faster bootup and faster loading of windows applications. With a 64GB drive this might not leave much space for more than the OS. But generally loading the current game you are playing onto the SSD will be beneficial as well. I find some games load screens flash up in front of me and are gone in a few seconds compared to running them off of old physical HDs. Generally the SSD can be used for OS(Win7 takes up 30GB or more if my memory serves me correctly) and the current game you are playing through, and the 750GB would be used for general data. It's not a major performance part of the system, it's nice to have and results in a snappier feel to operations on your computer but I don't think it's essential.

Back