Buying new notebook;AMD MT-37 or MT-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aksd

I will be buying a new note book soon and I am not which processor to get (based on Price/Performance/battery life). I know a bit about desktop processors, but all most nothing about notebook CPUs.

I've been looking at getting either the AMD Athlon64 mobile 3700+, Mobile Turion 64 MT-37, or the MT-40. Which do you think would be best.

This notebook will be used for mainly office applications/media, and light gaming.

I love my AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 3700. Athough I don't think you need anything that strong for you're purpose. You may want to look at a low-end Turion CPU, as it is perfect for offices/small gamming use. Also will perseve the battery life.

May you post the laptops you are you looking at.

Please post back.

I currently have a Dell Latitude x400(300mhz). In it's time it was sufficient. I’m looking for an upgrade that will not only get me by. I’d rather spend a bit more money if it means that I won’t have to upgrade as soon.

Here are some one the notebooks that I’ve been looking at:
http://www.abs.com/app/g3e_specs.asp
http://www.abs.com/soho/f15_overview.asp
http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=163
http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=169

My price range is between $1000.00 and $1500.00; below $1300.00 would be preferable, but above is ok. I'd like to stay away for Large companys(Dell, HP,...), and also only AMD CPUs. Other specs I'm looking for are Low to med. graphics power, 1gb ddr400 (2X512 or 1X1024).

I don't intend to replace my new notebook till it's as antique as Intel 386(even though, from my understanding they're still being used today).

I never heard the borg say that. Either I don't remeber or something along those lines, but I remeber them saying " We are the Borg resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Also do I would recommend newegg.com for all you're computer needs any long term member here would agree. There are many good deals and shipping is very fast. Especially since you live in California.

I heard that ABS is having a special annual discount or something like that; I now that the F15 is $500 off and that the G3s are $250 off until the 28th. I’m still not sure what way I’m going to go.

This is an exact quote from First Contact.

Didou said:
Yes, learn to use the edit function instead of posting 4/5 messages a few minutes apart.

Sry will learn to use the edit button. One time mastake and it's 1 in the morning here and I finally got to go on my computer and I'm tired.

I bought an ABS G3E w/ the mt-40. It will be coming some time between the 6th and 9th of may. I'll leave another post when it comes.

I´ve just bought an HP dv5000 Series with:

Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Home Edition with SP2
AMD Turion(TM) 64 ML-34 (1.8GHz/1MB L2 Cache)
15.4" WXGA BrightView Widescreen (1280x800)
128MB ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M w/Hypermemory(TM)
1.0GB DDR SDRAM (1x1024MB)
80 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
DVD+/-RW/R & CD-RW Combo w/Double Layer Support
FREE Upgrade to 54g(TM) 802.11b/g WLAN w/125HSM!!
12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Earbud Headphones with In-Line Volume Control
HP Mobile Remote Control

$ 1060.97 It will be coming betwen may 6th and 9th...

Well I geuss not for me the guy that handels shipping gives me express shipping because of how close I am to the Suply Depot. Two days is standered for me. It even says next to shipping prices. heheheeheh haha

done

Wow this notebook is amazing. recomended to anyone needing a new notebook for light gaming and office work. shipping and the service was great.

Great buy! Thank you all for your help.

Sry for the S...L...O...W reply.
The specs are:

Amd Mt-40
Ati mobile X700
1gb DDR400 (unknown brand)
60gb hitatchi 5400rmp HD
All in a ABS G3 Extreme.

WarC3, and DOD;S plays flawlessly :)
I get about 3 hours of battery life :( but that's fine.

All-in-all it's works just fine. Suits our needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back