buying notebook but don`t know to decide which

By matqo
Aug 16, 2006
  1. hi, i`d like to buy notebook, but i don`t know which of these two candidates is better..:
    ASUS A6VM-Q060 -
    15.4" WXGA (color shine) LCD j - Intel Pentium M 745 processor (1.8GHz, 2MB L2 cache, FSB 533), 1024MB DDRII 533MHz (2x512), 100GB HDD(4700rpm), DVD+/-RW Super multi double layer burner, graphic card GeForce Go7300 TC 256MB, 4-in-1 card reader.

or >ASUS A6M-Q016 - 15.4" WXGA (1280x800) color shine , Processor AMD Sempron64 3200+ , 1024MB (2x512) DDRII 667MHz, integrated graphic nVidia GeForce 6100 128MB max, 100GB HDD (5400 rpm), DVD-RW SuperMulti double layer, network card GigabitLAN, modem 56k, WiFi 802.11g, 4-in1 card reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO)

I don`t know to decide, cause pentium is better processor, but doesn`t support 64bit applications, and has only 4700rpm HDD, but has better graphic card...

could U pls write down your reasons why do U think your favourite is better???thx
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Do you actually have to buy one of these? I wouldn't recommend a generic cheap-*** laptop like these to anyone. It is better to buy an older business class model from a decent brand than watch that chinese lump of plasitc fall apart after three months.

Considering these two laptops..

So which 64-bit applications are you planning to use? :p
    The first machine doesn't have wireless? I hope that is a typo on your part..
    I would take the first one if it had wireless. If not, the second for sure.
  3. matqo

matqo TS Rookie Topic Starter

both of them have wi-fi, but info-list was too long to put it there complete..
  4. joked u 2

joked u 2 TS Rookie Posts: 128

check out toeshebia
  5. matqo

whitch other would U advice, when don`t have to choose from these two?
  6. matqo

toshiba has terrible service in my country..
  7. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

How much money do you have? And what are you going to do with that laptop? And what country do you live in?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.